Friday, November 27, 2009

Roller set











After washing I squeeze out the excess water from the braids, let air dry some then take down a damp section at a time and begin to roll. This time I braided loosely before rolling (looking for a different look) I use two types of rollers because I am still not sure what look I am looking for.


Love the comfort of lock loops, think I like the curl of the rod. So, I put a few rods in the back to see how the curl comes out. Although I have not asked my consultant about using lotta body for setting purposes. I have no desire to use it I simply sleep in my rollers for a good set. (I mentioned lotta body because I have heard others say they use it on mature locks, it is a great product I have used it many many years ago with and without a perm and loved it) For now I won't be using anything but water!
Tomorrow I will post curl pictures but no long commentary :-) I love my sisterlocks. They are definately not maintenance free but you grow to love the care you put into them. They become your babies.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations as you embark on your new journey. I use the lock loops, I freestyle alot, and do braid outs. I've used the spiral rods but it seems like my curls don't last long, and actually I don't get much of a curl. How did yours turn out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful gray hair.

    My sisterlocks consultant dyed mine with black henna but it was just too dark. I'm going to try something more permanant and that has highlights next time.

    I like to use ElastaQP design foam to set my hair on rollers. It is clear, non drying and not sticky like lotta body. I buy it at Sally's.

    ReplyDelete