Sunday, November 15, 2009

Wow....I'm really starting a blog :-) about my sisterlock journey...

Okay so you will have to wait for photos but I have quite a few. I will be trying to upload them real soon. I just wanted to give you a insight as to how I started my journey. I have been natural for well over 2o years. I've done twist, afro's, braids, and few weaves ( don't like them, its just doing hair) I tried the press and curl which I liked but it costs as much as a perm to maintain, and the heat still damaged my hair and often faded my beautiful gray...no my silver hair that I have had since my early-middle twentys. A friend of mines got dreads and said to me all the time Monalisa you should get sisterlocks they would look really nice on you (but she didn't have any lol )

So.....I began the sisterlock research when I got tired of pressing my hair. I researched it for almost two years especially when I found out how expensive they were. Nonetheless I saved for them because they sounded like something I could work with. I was totally unprepared for these bad hair days that would come. DONT GET ME WRONG I LOVE MY SISTERLOCKS... I just don't have the suppport my man just complains, my friends question me. But none of that stopped me from signing up for the upcoming Sisterlock class in December 2009 YEAH...I got my installation on September 5th, 2009 and I swear I looked like Prince's Dad in the movie Purple Rain ha ha ha ha.

However, I was determined to do what I thought best for my babies and that was a lot of freestyling and nothing else. My scalp was so itchy but with this gray hair I am told to be mindful but actually I have had very minimal slippage.

I just got my 2nd re-tightning on 11-14-09 and I can definately see some growth (another drawback was my hair was not all one length ) Anyway pictures are worth a thousand words so I will upload them asap. I am also excited to say that my little bundle of joy Chloe my four year old daughter got her test locks installed on 11-14-09 as well and she will be my first install. She is very excited. I have let her view various blogs of some other small angels with some beautiful sisterlocks. So stay posted for updates I will hopefully make them on a regular basic but I can assure you they won't be long like this introduction.

Thanks for visiting and come back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment